Nano filtration (NF) membrane offers a cost effective alternative to conventional softening processes for removal of hardness often found in natural water supplies and process streams. Advantages of NF membrane softening systems include:
- Continuous process – regeneration is not required
- No regeneration waste is produced
- High rejection of hardness
- Does not require skilled operator as for lime-soda softening
- Requires less space than lime-softening equipment
Significant hardness reductions are achieved on both seawater and municipal supplies. In terms of hardness reduction, the low divalent / monovalent anion ratio of sea water is compensated by the high salt content. The relatively high NaCl salt passage for sea water enables the NF membrane to achieve high flux rates at low pressures by minimizing osmotic pressure differences across the membrane.
Click here to check Hydramem range of Nano Filtration Membranes: https://hydramem.com/nfm.html